1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Why am I wearing a beanie inside the house? (It’s cold!)
2. What shirt are you wearing?
3. Do you label yourself?
I don’t think I do. Labels are usually about saying if you’re one thing then all these other attributes must apply to you too. I think that’s rarely true for anyone.
4. What does your watch look like?
Rubbish. It’s a knock-off Seiko that I bought on eBay from Hong Kong to replace a genuine Seiko watch that I bought in Japan but lost.
Fast asleep (probably cuddled up with one of the dogs).
6. Last furry thing you touched?
One of the dogs.
7. Favourite age you have been so far?
Any year except 50.
50 was a bit rubbish.
54 is pretty good.
8. What is your current desktop picture?
9. If you had to choose between $1,000,000 or to be able to fly what would it be?
I’d take the money and fly First Class. Or maybe Business Class. I don’t really splurge on luxuries, probably even if I had a million dollars.
10. The last song you listened to?
“Hello” by Lionel Ritchie. It wasn’t my fault. Our neighbour over the back has been playing the most appalling music all Sunday afternoon.
11. What time of day were you born?
12. Where did you live in 1987?
The top floor front flat in a wonderful 1930s apartment building called Bradoc House in East Melbourne. I still miss it.
13. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Figure it’s the universe telling me that I shouldn’t be buying overpriced junk in the first place.
14. Would you move for the person you loved?
Yes. We considered it when Wayne’s job got relocated to Sydney, but decided to stay in Melbourne instead.
15. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
A silver celtic knot ring (Wayne has a matching one), my new “understated retro cool” glasses, my stupid watch.
16. What’s your favourite town/city?
To live: Melbourne. To visit: Sydney, New York, London, Paris, Tokyo.
17. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Some second hand books.
18. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
A couple of months ago, I sent some mittens overseas for a charity project.
19. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear?
I don’t dress fancy. I dressed neat and tidy for my dad’s funeral, and for Wayne’s mum’s funeral too.
20. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
My shoulders! I need a massage.