Reading @katejf’s blog post about her crafting resolutions for the new year got me thinking that I should do likewise.
So, may I present my contribution to the 2011 crafting resolutions meme…
- I will knit another jumper this year (or a vest or a cardigan).
- I will knit the Cerus scarf I bought the Rowan Tapestry yarn for.
- I will knit the Erika Knight striped scarf that I used as justification for ordering 3 skeins of beautiful Brooklyn Tweed Shelter — from Purl Soho in New York, sigh…
- Having knitted some fingerless mitts I will knit something with fingers.
- I will knit something with cables.
- I will knit socks.
— ooh, have just started knitting a pair of cable socks, so that ticks off 5 and 6!
- I will not buy 10 balls of yarn online that I have never seen in real life so I won’t get a nasty surprise when I see the actual colour (Rowan Summer Tweed “Sprig”, I’m looking at you).
- If I haven’t used a yarn before, I will buy one ball to knit up a swatch and see if I like it before I invest in buying more. This is not a “waste”, it’s sensible. That way I won’t end up with 15 balls of a yarn I don’t like knitting with.
- I should realise that sometimes I can like a yarn and I can like a project, but the yarn and project don’t like each other. This is ok. The yarn can just wait in the stash until Mr Right comes along.
- I will not buy yarn just because it’s a “bargain”. If I don’t love it, it’s not worth my time.